- This means you have a midwife on-call for you 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. If you ovulate during the weekend, at 4am, or on New Year’s Eve, I will still be happy to come to your home and perform your insemination.
- Natural fertility enhancement: Nutritional & herbal
- Ovulation awareness techniques: Knowing when to inseminate
- Mind-body practices: Promote relaxation, pelvic health & healing
- Referrals: Acupuncture, hypnotherapy, hormone analysis, etc.
Intrauterine Inseminations (IUIs)
- This is a safe, gentle procedure that can happen at any time of day or night in the comfort of your home. It is similar to a Pap smear, and a thin, plastic catheter is placed through the cervix, passing into the uterus (‘intrauterine’), in order to perform the insemination. This event is yours: it can be romantic, fun, spiritual, private, quiet, celebratory… dream up what you would like it to be!
Sperm Washing and Fresh IUIs
- ‘Sperm washing’ refers to spinning a fresh/raw sperm sample in a centrifuge to remove the seminal fluid and create a sample of an appropriate volume for Intrauterine Insemination. (An average sperm sample’s volume is too great to be placed directly in the uterus, and the seminal fluid contains prostaglandins that would cause intense cramping were they introduced into the uterus.)
- ‘Fresh IUIs’ are for clients working directly with known-donors at home, who seek to optimize their chances of conception via IUI. (IUIs are about twice as effective as vaginal inseminations.) Fresh sperm can be more effective than frozen sperm.